Welcome to Poppies n’ Pearls, a blog dedicated to helping you to make the most of fashions newest trends. I am often asked to categorize my own personal style, however true style cannot be placed into a singular category. To be truly innovative, you must pull from different places to put together your own one of a kind, uniquely you, wardrobe. Thus the name poppies n’ pearls was born; a little bohemian chic, a little classic prep, and all my own. To help all of you in your endeavor to create versatile looks you’ll love, I will highlight different areas of fashion each week, while also providing multiple ways for you to execute the looks. Remember, always stay true to your own style, and always always have fun with it!
A little bit of information about myself:
I was born in Paris, France, and moved around different areas of Europe (including Amsterdam and Italy) until the age of nine when I moved to Providence, RI with my family. I graduated from Moses Brown High School ’08, and University of Vermont in Burlington ’12. Now, I am trying to get my foot farther into the fashion door so I can pursue what I love! Please have fun looking around my blog, and don’t hesitate to leave me comments and questions, I love the feedback!
Ten interesting (?) facts about me:
1. My first word was shoes. I attribute this to fate.
2. I can speak four languages (almost) fluently: French, Dutch, Spanish, and English
3. I have an English Chocolate Labrador, he looks like a little bear and is the love of my life.
4. My favorite place in the world is Madaket, Nantucket. This is where my summer house was growing up, and what my dog is named after (Maddie for short).
5. My favorite flowers are poppies, peonies, and tea roses. If I had the funds, every room of my house would be filled with them at all times.
6. I have a tattoo of a small, blue, nautical sparrow on my left shoulder
7. My favorite meal is brunch, and my favorite brunch food is eggs Benedict and mimosas!
8. My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. This is partly due to the fact that Daisy Buchanan had the best wardrobe of any fictional character.
9. I have recently started collecting china plates from yard sales; mix matched china makes for the best eclectic table settings!
10. I am moving to Cambridge, MA August 2012 and I could not be more excited to move into my tiny one bedroom apartment!